Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Remain apprised of current funding possibilities
• Coordinate with appropriate departments or principal investigators in the preparation of grant proposals/renewals and subcontracts, including budgets, current and pending support information, facilities information, resumes, and any other information required by the funding agency
• Manage contract reporting including review for requirements
• Function as the liaison with principal investigators for continuation/renewal of contracts, NDA, MTA
• Maintain proposal/contract/personnel files for audit purposes
• Function as the liaison with Office of Sponsored Programs regarding grants, contracts, proposals, and other funding possibilities.
• Report information, technical monitor information, and other required contract information.
• Function as the liaison with granting agencies regarding center activities.
• Maintain and report statistical data pertaining to grant activities, personnel, budgetary, and contracts as well as annual publication list for MSU reports.
• Review and approve subcontract invoices for payment.
• Responsible for maintaining restricted, including subcontract modifications and expenditure reports;
• Communicate with faculty and staff concerning business and administrative matters and advise them of proper procedures;
• Prepare financial documents for submission to sponsors;
• Prepare adjusting and closing journal entries, and financial reports;
A bachelor’s degree in business/accounting or administration or a minimum of 4 years of experience in accounting or administration.
Experience in preparation and submission of proposal, assuring the proposal conform to agency guidelines.
Interpreting state, federal, and private funding guidelines, assuring compliance with state and federal regulations and institutional policies in proposal preparation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work well with university faculty and staff
• Knowledge of Grants and Contract Administration
• Excellent skills in Word, Access, and Excel; strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work well under deadlines with minimal supervision.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online and attach a cover letter, resume, copy of transcript(s) and two (2) letters of recommendation. Send to Alice Osaji, Box 9627, MSU, MS 39762. Email: Alice@hpc.msstate.edu
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.