Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Coordinate projects under the direction of the Director that Focus on enhancing center visibility and performance. Produce summary reports and overviews for center management in order to promote increased center performance.
2) Increase the visibility of the center's capabilities and offerings to constituencies by increasing the Center's recruiting presence on the internet / social media (e.g. Linked-In, Facebook, Twitter and newsletter).
3) Facilitate training classes by interfacing with external entities. This includes gathering, communicating, and directing others (food vendors, publishing workbooks, and producing other documentation/reports as required). Communication with instructors and students for any task related to the class. This position has the responsibility for ensuring the smooth operation of the workshop training.
4) Coordinate center efforts by maintaining, collecting, compiling, analyzing, and editing information needed for internal and external reporting requirements. This involves using the appropriate software to illustrate activity and results.
5) Manage departmental invoiced payments, direct payments, pro-card activities and other administrative processes within MSU's Banner system for the center in order to maintain proper checks and balances.
6) Perform related duties as assigned.
1) Bachelor's degree and two years of experience.
2) Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Adobe pdf.
3) Excellent written and oral communication skills.
4) Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with a diverse group of people.
1) Strong customer service skills and the ability to interact effectively to tactfully resolve conflicts that can arise when interacting with a wide variety of people where short lead times and inherent scheduling conflicts raise the tension level.
2) Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
3) Ability to work within broad objectives, thus requiring minimum supervision.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
- Frequent - External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
- Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume, and two letters of recommendation; and a copy of your official transcripts.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.