Administrative Assistant I (INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY)
Job no: 497735
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 051300 - Curriculum,Instruction & Special Ed
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs, supervises, and coordinates the administrative function of a complex office.
- Studies, analyzes, and recommends procedures and processes in order to improve continuity and simplify reporting.
- Analyzes operating practices such as record keeping systems, office layout and performance standards to create new systems or revise established procedures; remain abreast of trends in administrative operations.
- Coordinates collection of and participates in the preparation of operating reports using word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Develops, plans, and implements programs, office policies, and procedures relevant to unit mission and goals.
- Gathers data for budget preparation and inventory reports, prepares or assists in the preparation of the annual budget, and procures all supplies, furniture, and office equipment.
- Manages complex events calendar for unit; coordinates the logistics of unit functions and events.
- Develops summary reports, analyzes for administrator, and makes recommendations regarding findings.
- Interviews, trains, and evaluates subordinate support staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
High school diploma
4-6 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or business.
Experience in fund accounting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software packages.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Position contingent upon funding availability.
Instructions for Applying:
This posting will is ONLY considering internal applicants. Apply online and attach a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend