Job no: 497751
Position type: Full-Time 9-Month
Department: 051100 - Educational Leadership
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
For more specific information about the Department of Educational Leadership, please see our website at https://www.educationalleadership.msstate.edu/
Area of Specialization:
P-12 Educational Leadership
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2019
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities include teaching graduate-level courses in P-12 School Leadership at the master’s, educational specialist, and doctoral levels. Classes will be taught in traditional, distance, and executive formats. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain an active research and publishing agenda, serve on graduate-student committees, and direct/chair doctoral students’ dissertations. Service to the university, K-12 schooling in Mississippi, and larger academic community is also an expectation. Additional responsibilities may include coordinating one of the P-12 program areas.
- An earned doctorate in educational leadership, administration, or closely related field
- Administrative experience in the P-12 schools with increasing levels of responsibility and oversight
- A record of, or demonstrated potential for, research and publication in leading academic journals
- A record of, or demonstrated potential for, obtaining external funding
- A high level of collegiality and willingness to collaborate with other faculty, graduate students, and school districts
- A commitment to diversity in the context of serving Mississippi’s P-12 schools, many of which are high-poverty, rural areas.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
- Experience with graduate-level teaching and directing doctoral dissertations
- Experience with state and national accreditation and reporting
- Experience in policy development at the state level or higher
- Expertise in quantitative research
- Experience with university-school district partnerships
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants are invited to complete the full application at www.msujobs.msstate.edu. Applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts, and contact information for five references. The search committee will begin reviewing applications on October 15, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. For inquiries about the position or the department, please contact Dr. Danielle Molina at 662.325.0969 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any social security numbers included on requested transcripts should be redacted prior to submitting online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend