Assistant Ticket Manager
Job no: 497944
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 313214 - MSU-Riley Center
Location: Riley Center - Meridian, MS
Position Open Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
The Mississippi State University Riley Center is a Performing Arts and Conference Center opened in 2006 in Meridian, MS We host more than 25 Performing Arts events as well as over 100 conference events each year. Visit www.msurileycenter.com for more information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with all facets of the daily operations of the Box Office, ensuring compliance with the
University, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations;
- Assist with the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training,
promotion, and enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution;
- Assist with reviewing ticketing needs and procedures with venue users; prepares events
for system sales and conducts final event sales audits;
- Monitors and maintains the integrity of cash-handling and fiscal procedures;
- Provides detailed sales and financial reports on a timely basis; maintains all ticket office
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures with those of the organization to
efficient and safe operations of the unit;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to Executive Director. Assist Box Office Manager with the supervision of non-exempt positions as well as a large group of volunteers
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Experience (yrs.): 2 years in related field.
Substitution for Education: None
Education and experience beyond minimum
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate with various constituents; general public; students; administrators.
- Strong work ethic.
- Outstanding interpersonal and interactive skills and the ability to communicate and work
effectively within a diverse community.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, time management and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to travel with occasional overnight stay.
- Ability to work evenings and weekend hours.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Ability to work long hours.
- Frequent - externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control;
interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with
certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities
are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional
issues or stress on a regular basis.
- Job occasionally requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with
- Job occasionally requires standing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and
lifting up to 25 pounds
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online at: www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter and resume that includes the complete contact information for at least three professional reference
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend