Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
14/Minimum $ 41,000
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops and implements concepts, policies, and standards for the operation of the web site, within overall goals and parameters, established by senior management of the organization; designs consistent methodologies for the development of internet resources across the organization.
2. Coordinates, integrates, and manages information contributed to the web site; establishes template formats and logical structures for web pages, as appropriate; may guide and assist contributors with editorial and publishing-related issues, as appropriate.
3. Performs short- and long-term strategic planning of the integrated internet resources for the organization.
4. Identifies training needs, and prepares and delivers technical training to contributors and others on the use of authoring language, conversion tools, and other web site methods and techniques, as appropriate.
5. Performs ongoing evaluation of web site software and hardware to ensure the continued and future effectiveness and efficiency of the web site.
6. Establishes and maintains web site directory structures, configuration files, and content files; oversees the testing and troubleshooting of web site systems and applications software and hardware.
7. Evaluates, recommends, and administers internet search systems and programs; designs interactive authoring language forms to support on-line information exchange.
8. Instructs, assigns work, and functionally supervises staff and/or student employees engaged in similar work activities.
9. Serves on various policy and operating committees and provides technical coordination and leadership to other web site developers within individual operating units across the organization.
10. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of the principles, procedures, and standards of integrated web site structuring and design.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Knowledge of current alternatives in available web site software and hardware.
Ability to provide technical training to staff and/or students in area of expertise.
Advanced knowledge and understanding of current authoring languages, editing and authoring tools, and related web site technologies.
Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
Knowledge and understanding of UNIX and/or related distributed operating systems.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Knowledge and understanding of electronic filing systems and document archives.
Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Ability to develop and implement strategic plans and programs in area of expertise.
Knowledge of established programming procedures and programming languages.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
No or very limited physical effort required.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by attaching a cover letter and resume which includes the names and addresses of 3 professional references. We will accept applications only from persons with indefinite employment authorization in the U.S., and will not sponsor for nonimmigrant or immigrant status for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.