Salary Grade/Minimum Salary:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains university grounds using edger, blower, trimmer, mower, and other equipment.
2. Installs landscaping and related items on university grounds.
3. Mow grass, mulch leaves, clean-up grounds and aerify designated areas of campus.
4. Assists with appropriate pest control (non-herbicide use) for lawn and landscaping.
5. Maintains equipment such as hand tools; power equipment, including chain saws, edger, weed eaters, push and/or riding mowers, backhoes, tractor etc. May procure supplies, parts, and tools as needed.
6. Responsible for care and routine maintenance of equipment.
7. Operate and make minor adjustments to mowers.
8. May perform special projects related to various aspects of Facilities Management as assigned by supervisor.
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
The above essential duties are representative of major duties of positions in this job classification. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job. Not all of the duties may be assigned to a position.
Ability to read and write plus 2-3 years.
Some reading and writing. Experience in landscape operations
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Certification or Licensure Requirements:
Valid driver's license may be required for specific positions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Duties require basic physical and mental skills and abilities, including use of hand tools, power tools, or other equipment and use of basic math or reading skills.
Follows detailed instructions and procedures.
Ability to read and write plus 2-3 years experience.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc.
Occasional-Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires standing, walking, reaching, climbing or balancing, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
Job occasionally requires sitting, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting more than 100 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
All interested Applicants must apply online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.