Administrative Assistant II
Job no: 498162
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 313200 - Meridian Campus
Location: Meridian Campus - Meridian, MS
Categories: Support Staff
Position Open Date:
Position close Date:
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversees and/or performs a range of diverse administrative activities for an organizational unit; serves as a central point of liaison with other departments and external constituencies in the resolution of a variety of day-to-day matters concerning the unit.
2. Utilizes knowledge and understanding of underlying operational issues to create, compose, and edit technical and/or administrative correspondence and documentation.
3. Assists in administrative problem solving, program/project planning, development, and execution of stated goals and objectives.
4. Researches information, compiles statistics, and gathers and computes various data; prepares special and/or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant data from a variety of sources.
5. Monitors, reconciles, and assists with fiscal administration for the unit, including but not limited to budgets, funding, grants, contracts, payroll, employment, travel, and/or purchasing; may assist with fiscal planning, including participating in seeking alternate sources of funding.
6. Provides and/or oversees support activities for the unit such as answering telephones, assisting and resolving problems and inquiries of visitors, review and control of incoming and outgoing correspondence, and follow-up on operational commitments.
7. Schedules appointments and maintains calendars; schedules, coordinates and facilitates meetings, facilities usage, events, and/or travel arrangements, as required.
8. Establishes, updates, and maintains unit's files, inventories, and records; implements and maintains data management systems, as required.
9. Leads and guides the work of lower level staff, and supervises student employees as appropriate; may participate in hiring decisions and performance appraisal.
10. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education: H.S. diploma or equivalent Information Technology, Business Administration, Statistics, Economics or closely related field
Experience (yrs.): 5-7 years
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software packages.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
* No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
* No or very limited physical effort required.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application and any requested documents online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend