Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor
Job no: 498251
Position type: Full-Time 9-Month
Department: 060700 - Electrical and Computer Engineering
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
The department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Mississippi State University consists of 23 faculty members, 8 professional and support staff, and over 580 undergraduate and approximately 107 graduate students, with approximately 65 being at the Ph.D. level. The department also houses the High Voltage Laboratory, the largest High Voltage Laboratory among North American Universities. Endowed positions are available for qualified senior candidates.
Area of Specialization:
Particular focus is High Voltage. Highly qualified candidates in other areas will also be considered
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2019
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Scope of activity and level of responsibility depends upon faculty rank.)
- Teach graduate and undergraduate courses in individual’s area of expertise.
- Supervise and direct research of graduate students.
- Support and accomplish functions of the educational program consistent with individual’s expertise, ability, and the needs of the program.
- Conduct research consistent with goals of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Pursue research support including submission of proposals and contracts with funding agencies.
- Stay informed and current of topics related to principal areas of expertise.
- Publish and present the results of creative activities at conferences and in journals as may be appropriate.
- Serve as an active member of the technical community and participate in professional and technical society activities.
- Provide leadership and service for Department, College, and University programs.
Ph.D. In Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related area and a clear potential for gaining national prominence through funded research and teaching are required. Industrial or federal laboratory experiences are highly desirable. Level of appointment is commensurate with qualification and experience.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume or curriculum vitae, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references. Any social security numbers included on requested documents should be redacted prior to submitting online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend