Job no: 498258
Position type: Full-Time 12-Month
Department: 051300 - Curriculum,Instruction & Special Ed
Location: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Position Open Date:
Area of Specialization:
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teaches online elementary education distance classes.
2. Oversees admission and recruitment of students for the elementary education distance program.
3. Oversees the advisement of students in the elementary education distance program.
4. Collaborates with the licensure specialist to submit licensure applications for students in the elementary education distance program.
5. Collaborates with the Office of Clinical/Field-Based Instruction, Licensure, and Outreach (OCFBI) for the practicum and Internship experiences: including assisting with securing field placements, training and selecting supervisors, communicating with school districts, adhering to regulations of COE and OCFBI for internship (field work).
6. Maintains student files, electronic portfolio system and program databases for the elementary education distance program and complete reports (Title II information, MDE, and other reports).
7. Attends program area meetings to ensure ongoing communication with program area faculty.
8. Works with the Department Head and elementary faculty to ensure compliance with program, department, and university policies.
9. Facilitates the coordination of workshops for students in the elementary education online programs (Praxis content and PLT, etc.).
10. Assist with summer orientation and advisement of students in CISE programs.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in education.
-Experience teaching in elementary and/or middle level education.
-Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience in grades K-6 or 3 years working as an administrator in an educational setting.
-Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite tools.
-Knowledge of licensure requirements for educators.
-Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
-Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with a diverse group of individuals.
-Computer skills required.
-Skills in working with online delivery (programs).
Position contingent upon the availability of funding.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend