To maintain all customer-service aspects of the student-insurance-plan process (assist students, reconcile invoices/spreadsheets, etc.), establish outbound referrals for Champus/Tricare/VA patients with various providers as needed, assist at the front desk (including but not limited to check-in, check-out, taking payments, entering charges, etc.), perform provider enrollment functions.
Salary Grade: 9
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist students or their representatives in all aspects of the student-insurance process
2. Serve as liaison between students and the student insurance broker, and between MSU and the student insurance broker
3. Reconcile invoices/spreadsheets related to student health insurance.
4. All aspects of Athletic Department billing and collections
5. Establish outbound referrals for all Tricare (including Prime) patients, as needed
6. Establish outbound referrals for any other patients as needed or directed
7. In a professional and friendly manner:
a. Greet and check-in patients
b. Register patients and obtain/verify all insurance information
c. Obtain appropriate signatures
d. Direct patients to the appropriate areas
e. Check-out patients
f. Collect and post front-desk payments
8. Set up files and medical records.
9. File and retrieve records and reports.
10. Assist in explaining medical charges and making collections as needed.
11. Operate various office machines.
12. Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Two years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Basic computer skills
2. Medical office practice management software
3. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. No unusual physical requirements.
2. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
3. Frequent - Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; irregular hours may be anticipated; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position.
4. Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands
5. Job requires standing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 10 pounds
6. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically
7. Hearing requirements: Heavy telephone contact requires ability to hear and respond to
Instructions for Applying:
All interested parties should apply online
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.