Promote Mississippi State University Athletics through marketing/advertising/branding/digital strategies.
Salary Grade: 16
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Report to and assist the Executive Senior Associate Athletic Director/External Affairs.
2. Oversee the overall marketing, advertising, and promotion of Mississippi State Athletics, including all sports, programs, events, etc.
3. Collaborate with other external affairs department heads and their units on strategies related to sales, branding, digital/social media, content creation and distribution, and fan engagement.
4. Work with the Executive Senior Associate AD/External Affairs, Associate Athletic Director/Creative Strategy, Assistant Athletic Director/Analytics and Business Strategy, and ticket office to formulate season ticket campaigns surrounding football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, and baseball.
5. Coordinate and execute in-game presentation/production of football; oversee implementation of in-game elements for all other sports.
6. Serve as liaison on marketing efforts related to Learfield/Bulldog Sports Properties; ideation and execution of in-game sponsorship elements.
7. Oversee the student internship program, including recruiting, scheduling and training a team of undergraduate students to accomplish marketing, fan engagement, and social media/creative duties.
8. Work with Associate AD/Creative Strategy on operation and execution of all strategic digital marketing platforms, including retargeting, search advertising, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, SendPulse, and GetSiteControl etc.
9. Assist the Associate AD/Creative Strategy with licensing and branding efforts, including brand strategy, facility branding, and brand development initiatives.
10. Lead the development and execution of digital fan engagement and marketing platforms and manage analytics to continually improve the fan experience; includes Hail State Rewards platform, Bully’s Kids Club platform, Maroon Memories portal, MSU Athletics app.
11. Manage overall marketing budget; includes ancillary budgets for Bully’s Kids’ Club, Spirit Squads, and Maroon Memories program.
12. Perform related duties as assigned.
Will supervise: Director of Marketing; Director of Spirit & Fan Engagement; Assistant Director of Spirit & Fan Engagement; Assistant Directors of Marketing (2); Graduate Assistant; Marketing Assistant.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Relations, or related field, with 4 to 5 years of experience in Marketing or Public Relations.
Experience in planning and executing large scale events. Expertise in digital marketing and sales platforms, execution of social media strategies, and data-driven analytics. Working knowledge of philanthropic activities including cultivation, solicitation, solicitation and stewardship. Knowledge of licensing and branding principles.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate with various constituents.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Project management and leadership skills.
• Ability to work long hours including nights and weekends.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Occasional and/or light lifting required. Limited exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., but none to the point of being disagreeable. May involve minor safety hazards where likely result would be cuts, bruises, etc.
• Work hours are unpredictable and may require including nights and weekends; frequent interruptions based on changing priorities; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
• Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Attach cover letter and Resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.