Promote Mississippi State University Athletics events and coordinate in-game entertainment
Salary Grade: 12
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Associate Athletic Director/Marketing & Sales with the overall marketing and advertising of Mississippi State Athletics.
2. Assist the Associate Athletic Director/Marketing & Sales as well as the Director of Marketing with season ticket campaigns as well as the coordination/implementation of promotions and events surrounding revenue sports.
3. Responsible for the advertising, collateral coordination, and entertainment/promotions for home Softball, Men’s and Women’s Golf with secondary responsibilities with Women’s Basketball.
4. Oversee the scheduling and coordination of National Anthems, special guests, and halftime entertainment for both men’s and women’s home basketball games and other similar special events.
5. Oversee and manage all marketing and membership goals of Bully’s Kids Club.
6. Serve as liaison between the student body and the athletic department.
7. Assist in the planning and coordination of Fan Zone for home football games.
8. Assist with coordination of the student internship program, including recruiting, scheduling and training a team of approximately 50 undergraduate students to accomplish marketing and fan engagement duties.
9. Coordinate with the Associate Athletic Director/Marketing & Sales as well as the Director of Marketing and local community organizations on the planning and execution of special events, including: Cowbell Yell, Football Fan Day, summer orientation, Central MS Summer Extravaganza, Homecoming festivities and Super Bulldog Weekend.
10. Coordinate with Associate Athletic Director/Marketing on execution of in-game sponsorship elements via Learfield for assigned sports to create fun and engaging in-game atmospheres for fans and student athletes.
11. Assist in the creation and execution of special presentations and recognitions delivered by members of the athletic staff.
12. Assist in the execution of the Bully’s Kids Club program.
13. Design select game day graphics and collateral.
14. Assist in social media directives.
15. Assist in internet and social media advertising from conception to design to execution, including the execution of weekly marketing emails to promote events.
16. Perform related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Marketing or related field with one to two years of experience in Public Relations or Marketing.
12-24 months experience as full-time worker, graduate assistant, or student worker in collegiate athletic marketing, or related field;
Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
2. Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information.
3. Highly organized and ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
4. Strong initiative to solve problems.
5. Extraordinary focus on customer service.
6. Willing to work in a team atmosphere where expectations are set and managed while giving staff flexibility to do their assigned task as both a leader and/or a follower.
7. Ability to work long hours, including nights and weekends.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Occasional and/or light lifting required. Limited exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., but none to the point of being disagreeable. May involve minor safety hazards where likely result would be cuts, bruises, etc.
• Work hours are unpredictable and may require including nights and weekends; frequent interruptions based on changing priorities; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
• Job frequently requires walking, standing, lifting, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
• Job occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
• Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Attach Cover Letter and Resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.