Perform a variety of duties in support of services provided by Facilities Management including routine minor maintenance and upkeep of buildings.
Salary Grade: BMT-E
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform routine, preventive and reactive maintenance and repair on buildings, equipment, structures, and other amenities.
2. Responsible for minor repairs which may include: changing defective receptacles, ballasts, switches, outlets, light fixtures and bulbs, repair of valves, replacement of washers and gaskets, replacement of plumbing fixtures, replacing hinges, door closures, service door closures, replace floor tiles, caulk windows, replace glass and reset doors.
3. Erect and work from ladders, scaffolds, and similar devices.
4. Determine type of materials and supplies to be used.
5. Adapt commercially available materials to fit needs.
6. Document job time and materials used.
7. Keep facilities in a clean and presentable condition.
8. Work hours as needed for special events.
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent plus 1 year of related experience.
Valid driver's license.
Any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education approved by the Department of Human Resources Management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Follows detailed instructions and procedures.
Able to read and write, plus 1-2 years related experience.
Requires basic physical and mental skills and abilities, including use of hand tools, power tools, or other equipment and use of basic math or reading skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc.
Occasional routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor;
Job frequently requires standing, walking, reaching, climbing, or balancing, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
Job occasionally requires sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and lifting more than 100 pounds.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All interested Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.edu and complete a Support Staff Application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.