To drive a campus transit bus to transport passengers around campus.
Salary Grade: 07
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Operate campus transit bus on a designated route to transport passengers around Starkville-MSU area.
2. Provide assistance to passengers in loading and unloading as necessary.
3. Maintain vehicle interior keeping it free of debris and trash.
4. Ensure that all safety precautions are adhered to at all times; provide verbal instructions to passengers as necessary to ensure compliance.
5. Must exhibit a courteous demeanor with passengers.
6. Maintain accurate handwritten departmental records and logs in accordance with established guidelines and requirements.
7. Assist with training newly hired drivers as requested.
8. Report all accidents immediately and in accordance with established guidelines.
9. Operate radio communication equipment to coordinate and communicate shuttle intervals, coordinate breaks, and appraise base of pertinent information.
10. Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of equipment and vehicle in accordance with established guidelines for reporting any extraordinary situation or discovery.
11. May require occasional shift work and occasional overtime in the absence of sufficient bus operator pool.
12. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Ability to read and write.
2. Three years experience operating motor vehicle with at least one year involving commercial operation.
3. Valid Driver’s license, personal and commercial; Class B License with airbrake and passenger endorsement.
4. Clear driving record.
5. Completion of drug tests which indicate an absence of illegal controlled substance use.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., with one often to the point of being objectionable. Injuries may require professional treatment.
Work schedules, volume of work, or priorities seldom change; able to anticipate new work; minimum distractions or interruptions; seldom involves conflicting demands on time.
Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, climbing or balancing, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands,
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All interested Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.edu and complete a Support Staff Application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.