The Recruiting and Events Coordinator, Graduate Programs reports to the Director of Graduate Programs and promotes on campus and online graduate programs in the College of Business and Adkerson School of Accountancy; recruits graduate students; coordinates student recruitment activities; develops and implements strategies to recruit scholarly and underrepresented students to the College; plans and coordinates special events for graduate students and alumni; and assists the Director of MBA programs with MBA advisory Board meetings.
Employees hired into Intermittent positions are limited to working no more than 720 hours per fiscal year.
Salary Grade: 14
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 1, 2020
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Report to Director of Graduate Programs.
2. Recruit graduate students to the college.
3. Promote and market graduate business programs and serve as a program representative.
4. Create and disseminate recruitment materials for the various graduate programs in the college.
5. Work with staff in the Center for Distance Education on recruiting, admission, and orientation materials for graduate online business students.
6. Manage communication and social media recruiting activities for graduate business programs.
7. Plan and execute graduate student recruiting strategies based on budget availability, including class visits, purchasing standardized test scores, attending graduate fairs at other Universities, and other recruiting strategies.
8. Maintain prospective student contact files and databases.
9. Manage alumni relations and hosts alumni receptions and events.
10. Coordinate corporate career receptions and other events hosted by the Graduate Programs office such as the MBA Orientation Program.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree with a degree in business or related field.
Two years experience in marketing, advertising, or event planning.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Strong computer skills
Working knowledge of MSU's policies and procedures.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, talking, and hearing.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Vision requirement: Ability to see information in print and or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume, or curriculum vitae, and the complete contact information for at least three professional references.
This position is contingent upon the availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.