Performs a variety of library support tasks associated with maintaining maintenance of the library.
Employees hired into Intermittent positions are limited to working no more than 720 hours per fiscal year.
Salary Grade: UC
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
The University Libraries provide their communities of users an ongoing, creative and technologically advanced program.
Area of Specialization:
Building Services Department
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 1, 2020
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Construction/maintenance skill are required
2. This position will assist in moving and constructing large book shelves and library type furniture.
3. This position will be responsible for helping clean and sanitize areas of the building.
4. This position will be responsible for cleaning and setting up class/study room type spaces.
5. This position requires frequently lifting items over 50 pounds.
6. This is a intermittent position with a maximum of 720 hours per year.
The above essential duties are representative of major duties of positions in this position. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job. Not all of the duties may be assigned to a position.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. Requires standing, walking, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 60 pounds.
2. Job frequently requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
3. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
4. Requires a valid drivers license and ability to drive a van or truck.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at: www.msujobs.msstate.edu
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.