The Director of Student-Athlete Development will be responsible for the planning and execution of the wholistic student-athlete experience and development programming that includes personal development, professional/career development, leadership development, and community engagement. The individual will oversee the community outreach component of the Athletics Department and serve as liaison between the Student-Athlete M-Club/Bulldogs CARE, Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC), and the Athletic Department Administration. The person will chaperone student-athletes as they travel, provide service for, and represent the University in the community and out of the state.
Salary Grade: 15
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Will perform the following tasks:
• Respond to all community outreach requests.
• Assist in the coordination of all mandatory Student-Athlete Development events, including personal development, professional/career development, leadership development, and community engagement.
• Serve as Advisor to the M-Club/Bulldogs CARE.
• Advise the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).
• Maintain a record of all community service hours for both individual and team outreach.
• Develop and implement additional programming to meet the needs of student-athletes.
• Prepare summary reports and updates of all Student-Athlete Development events to the Senior Associate AD-Student-Athlete Support Services
• Supervise members of the Student-Athlete Development staff.
• Assist in the coordination of the Orientation sessions for new student-athletes.
• Serve on various committees within and outside the Athletic Department.
2. Represent the Department of Athletics on various levels within the University campus, athletics profession and Starkville community.
3. Understand that rules are a critical element of this position and must adhere to NCAA, SEC and University rules, regulations and policies.
4. Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Department.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree (preferably in education, psychology, counseling or related area) with experience working with students in athletics or a related field or a Bachelor’s Degree with at least three years of experience working with students in athletics or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Experience working with a diverse population
• Experience organizing and executing events
• Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
• Effective communication skills
• Supervisory experience
• Occasional and/or light lifting required
• Work hours are unpredictable and may require nights and weekends
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Frequent interruptions based on changing priorities; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
• Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dirt, chemicals, etc.
• Job frequently requires walking, standing, lifting, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Complete the Application and attach our Resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.