This position aims to provide organization and guidance for all MMESC educational services and programs. Educational programs include but are not limited to: after-school, outreach, and summer school programs. The Educational Services Coordinator must maintain regular contact with school districts, review all student data to make appropriate decisions regarding services, and plan all after-school, outreach, and summer programs.
Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The Educational Services Coordinator is responsible for maintaining all contact with school districts and educational personnel across Mississippi. A contact log must be maintained for all coordination with school and educational personnel.
2. The Educational Services Coordinator is responsible for finding qualified teachers to tutor Migrant students during the regular school year and summer whether at the school’s facility, or MMESC funded after-school, outreach, or summer program.
3. The Educational Services Coordinator is responsible for determining Migrant student’s educational priority status based on academic data received from the Data Coordinator.
4. The Educational Services Coordinator will evaluate student records and determine the best type of educational services for all migrant students, identify existing services available through schools and community agencies, and plan supplemental services for each student.
5. The Educational Services Coordinator will plan, develop, and implement all after-school, outreach, and summer programs.
6. The Educational Services Coordinator will oversee all intermittent staff who are hired as educational service providers. This includes training staff on MMESC procedures, providing professional development, as well as ensuring duties are performed effectively.
7. The Educational Services Coordinator will provide academic and support services to migrant students.
8. The Educational Services Coordinator will plan and oversee digital tutoring projects for migrant students. This includes working with schools and agencies to obtain technological resources for the student and working closely with classroom teachers to align MMESC services with classroom instruction.
9. The Educational Services Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that MMESC intermittent staff hired as tutors do not exceed their allowable tutoring time to ensure the pay remains within the budget.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field
3 years teaching or related experience
Certified TESOL teacher
Bilingual - Spanish
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1. No unusual physical requirements.
2. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
3. Frequent - Externally imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; irregular hours may be anticipated; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position.
4. Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands
5. Job requires standing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 10 pounds
6. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically
7. Hearing requirements: Heavy telephone contact requires ability to hear and respond to telephone conversations
Instructions for Applying:
Applicant will apply through the HRM website.
Position is contingent upon funding availability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.