Produce creative video content for Mississippi State Athletics media platforms and in-venue displays.
Salary Grade: 12
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the creative video content strategy for the sport of baseball with direction from the Associate AD of Creative Strategy and Assistant AD of Video Operations.
2. Complete projects in a timely manner, while meeting the overall strategy and philosophy goals of the department.
3. Assist the Director of Football Creative Media in all football related content strategies.
4. Collaborate with supervisors and team to maintain strategy and content calendar to produce videos and digital elements for internal and external promotional efforts.
5. Assist in maintaining staff vision and philosophy for all social media platforms.
6. Meet quick turnarounds to post high quality videos on same day that events occur.
7. Provide insight to push department forward with emerging trends in social, digital media, as well as in-venue entertainment.
8. Assist External Affairs team with creative media needs in support of assigned sports, social media, marketing, recruiting, ticket sales and attendance.
9. Work with Bulldog Sports Properties to execute sponsorship integrations into video content.
10. Ensure consistency in brand guidelines and messaging related to content and posting.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications, Videography, Photography, Graphic Design or related field, with one (1) year of experience in Creative Media Services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must ensure compliance with NCAA, SEC and University policies and procedures.
• Ability to travel with the team.
• Professional, optimistic, positive problem-solver.
• Required to work quickly, efficiently, and with adaptability under strict deadlines.
• Ability to work long hours including nights, weekends and holidays
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite required, specifically Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects.
• Work experience and knowledge of video production, including but not limited to shooting, non-linear editing, color correction, audio editing.
• Experience within NCAA Division I college athletics program desired.
• Proven success producing creative and innovative multi-media content.
• Experience in other multi-media production platforms (web sites, animation, graphic design) desired
• Knowledge of professional and cinematic video cameras required, including but not limited to Sony FS7, FS5, a7s
• Knowledge of a collegiate athletics department and the NCAA structure desired.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, inclement weather, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc. Injuries may require professional treatment.
Externally imposed deadlines set or revised on short notice; frequent shifts in priority; numerous interruptions requiring immediate attention; high pressure situations
Job frequently requires standing, walking, sitting, reaching, kneeling/crouching/crawling, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 50 pounds; occasionally requires climbing or balancing, and lifting up to 100 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically, ability to distinguish colors.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Please attach cover letter and Resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.